- Legal adults are entitled to apply for primary cards. R. O.C. citizens aged 15 or above are entitled to apply for supplementary cards if they are the spouse, parents, children, siblings or parents-in-law of the primary card holder. When applying for supplementary cards, please attach relevant relationship certificates.
- The applicant is entitled to apply for different card types based on his/her annual income:
- Individuals with an annual income of no less than NT$2 million may apply for the World Card/Supreme Infinite Card.
- Individuals with an annual income of no less than NT$600,000 may apply for the Titanium Business Card/Cash Reward Signature Card or EVA Air Co-branded Infinite Card.
- Individuals with an annual income of no less than NT$500,000 may apply for the Precious Card.
- Individuals with an annual income of no less than NT$400,000 may apply for the EVA Air Co-branded Supreme Signature Card/Platinum Card/Journey Card.
- Individuals with an annual income of no less than NT$200,000 may apply for the CUBE Card/EVA Air Co-branded Signature Card/eTag Co-branded Platinum Card/USD Dual Currency Platinum Card/Formosa Plastics Platinum Card.
- A photocopy of the valid passport of the applicant for the primary or supplementary card(Applicants from Mainland China may additionally attach a copy of the “Taiwan Travel Permit for Mainland Residents”) and a copy of the resident certificate (Applicants who do not hold a resident certificate should present a copy of the entry/exit permit issued by the National Immigration Agency), as well as the photocopy of the withholding tax certificate or passbook cover/passbook inner pages showing the salary payments for the latest three months.
- If the applicant for the supplementary card is a minor, the card application should be signed/agreed to by the legal representative at the same time. The applicant should in the meantime attach a photocopy of the documents evidencing his/her relationship with the primary card applicant/legal representative, for example, personal ID card, household registration documents or relevant legal documents.
Please send the completed application form, along with relevant documents, to: Cathay United Bank, (400900) P. O. Box 1888 Taichung Minquan Rd. Post Office. Attention: Credit Card Operations Department.
Notice for Application of Cathay United Bank Credit Card
Before the applicant decides to apply for the card, please read the following items carefully to ensure your rights and interests.
- For life insurance premiums paid to the Bank’s designated insurance companies with a credit card issued by the Bank, if the accumulated payments exceed the credit line approved by the Bank, or the cardholder has bad credit or has defaulted on payments, the Bank shall refuse the payment request with Cathay United Bank credit card. To protect his/her own interests, the credit cardholder shall pay directly to the insurance companies. However, if the terms of the Agreement indicate that the Bank agrees to pay, the Bank is deemed to have approved the temporary increase of the cardholder’s credit line, and the Bank will make such notice on description of the purchase items listed in the credit card statement of that current period. The cardholder shall not refuse to pay with any excuse. Upon receiving the card, no matter whether the cardholder will activate the card or not, the Bank may, in accordance with the authorization, have the premiums debited automatically with the account of the card.(Designated insurance companies: please refer to the announcements made on the Bank’s official website)
- The processing of doubts on the account:
If there is any dispute between the cardholder and the authorized stores with regard to quality, quantity and/or the amount of the product, or between the cardholder and the financial institution for the amount of the cash advance obtained, the cardholder shall look for a solution with the authorized store or the institution; the dispute shall not be excuse for not paying the statement.If there is any of the following meeting the particular circumstance as referred in operation regulations of credit card organizations, such as the reserved product is not transferred by the authorized store, the quantity does not match, the reserved service is not provided, cash advance from the automated equipment is not available or the amount does not match, the cardholder shall look for a solution from the authorized store or the institution advance the cash. If no solution is available, the cardholder shall, before the deadline of the current statement payment date, request a suspension on payment of the said transactions on the authorized store, or advocate his right for a chargeback from the institution advance the cash with all required certificates and documents in accordance with operation regulations of the credit card organizations and temporarily suspend payment to the Bank.
If the cardholder fails to notify the Bank before current payment deadline, the items stated in the statement shall be deemed as correct.
For payment suspended due to doubts in the account, the cardholder shall immediately pay once the bank proves it is no doubt or it is not attributable to the Bank. The interest rate shall accrue starting the following day of the original payment deadline with the rate of revolving credit.
- Authorized settlement of foreign transactions:
All credit card transactions of the cardholders shall be paid and settled in New Taiwan Dollars or designated foreign currency. If the currency used in the transaction (including refund) is not in New Taiwan Dollars or the transaction is conducted in New Taiwan Dollars but not in the territory of Taiwan (including transactions conducted in authorized stores or website in foreign countries), the bank is authorized to settle the transaction in New Taiwan Dollars or a designated foreign currency with exchange rates specified by the credit card organization on the settlement date, plus additional service fees charged by the international credit card organizations which is 0.5% of the transaction amount. (The fees charged by international credit card organizations are subject to their respective regulations and are subject to change at any time. Fee details are specified in the statement or announcement made on the Bank’s official website.) The cardholder authorizes the bank to be the settlement agent within the Republic of China to settle transactions paid with the credit card in foreign countries. But if the settlement is above the limit permitted by law, the cardholder shall pay the excess in foreign currency.
- Usage of credit card:
- The credit card is the bank’s property and can only be used by the authorized user. The card shall not be lent, transferred or in any way possessed or used by a third party. Any damage due to violating the Agreement as mentioned above will be the applicant’s and his guarantor’s responsibilities. The authorized store may also confiscate the credit card.
- After receiving the card, the cardholder shall sign at the specified space on the back of the card and safeguard the card.
- When making purchase with the credit card, please sign in the same manner as you did in the space specified on the card. You shall not refuse to pay the statement using the excuse that the two signatures are different.
- If you have another credit card issued by the Bank, they will be under the same credit limit authorized by the bank. If you wish to spend more than the authorized credit lines, please obtain approval from the bank in advance.
- The cardholders may activate or terminate the cash advance function at any time.
- If the card issued is one with a smooth surface and no raised numbers (or debit card or electronic ticket), and the charging method by the authorized store is by way of manually imprinting the raised numbers of the card, the transaction will thus fail as there is no raised card numbers to be imprinted.
- For domestic purchases below NT$ 3,000, signatures may not be requested in certain restaurants, movie theaters, hypermarkets, gas stations or other authorized stores.
- If purchases are made in foreign countries, the payments will be settled in New Taiwan Dollars or designated foreign currency with exchange rate specified by the international credit card organization on the settlement date. Additional service charge by the international credit card organization will be included at 0.5% of the transaction amount. As exchange rate fluctuates, the rate on the date the authorized stores requests for payment may not be the same as used on the date the purchase is made.
- Procedures to handle the loss and theft of the credit card and the relevant responsibility:
- In case your credit card is lost, stolen or other circumstance that causes you to lose possession, please proceed with the following procedures:
In Taiwan: Please notify the bank via telephone or other equivalent measures and report to local policy within three days you notify the bank, followed by a written report to the bank.
In foreign country: Please follow the above procedures relating circumstance when the credit card is lost and stolen. You may also visit any bank that issue the same type of card that you report loss of theft. However, you may still need to notify the bank in written report within three days from the time you notify the bank.
- Except for the agreed deductible amount that is borne by the cardholder, loss incurred after the cardholder completing the procedures of reporting loss and suspension of card will be borne by the Bank. However, in case of any following, the cardholder will be responsible for the loss:
- A third party’s deceit as a cardholder as permitted by the cardholder himself, or the cardholder makes a card available for use by this fraudulent user.
- The cardholder let a third party know the password of the card or other equivalent ID cards to advance cash using automated equipment or conducting other transactions.
- The cardholder fakes an unreal transaction with a third party or an authorized store, or conducts a false transaction with others.
- The deductible amount is capped at NT$3,000 before the cardholder reporting the loss and theft of card. However, in case of any following, the cardholder may be exempted from paying the deductible amount:
- The fraudulent use of the credit card is taking place 24 hours prior to the reporting of loss and theft of card by the cardholder.
- The fraudulent use of the card can be easily identified either by spotting the signing slip or with due care of a prudent person to distinguish that the signature of a fraudulent user is significant different from that of the cardholder.
- The fraudulent user uses the card in an authorized store that requires no signature and processes the card with smart IC card reader, and the transaction is verified not to be conducted by the cardholder or a conspiracy.
- With respect to advance cash using automatic equipment, the loss incurred prior to the cardholder reporting the loss and theft are borne by the cardholder, not subject to the deductible specified in this article.
- Provided that the cardholder has a circumstance that applies to item 2 of the Agreement as well as one of the following, and the bank can prove it has fulfilled its due care obligation as prudent person, then the deductible of the fraudulent use is not subject to Item 3 of this article.
- The cardholder learns about the loss or theft of the credit card and fails to notify the Bank immediately, or in the event the card is loss or stolen, the cardholder fails to notify the Bank until after 20 days of the current payment deadline.
- The cardholder violates Article 8-1 of the Credit Card Agreement as he did not sign on the credit card, and a third party has used it fraudulently.
- The cardholder reports loss of the credit card but fails to submit documents as required by the Bank, and refuses to help in the investigation or conducts activities violating the good faith principle.
- The lost or stolen credit card was stolen or used fraudulently by the spouse, third-degree relatives or cohabitant, employee, or agent (fiduciary) of the cardholder; unless it can be proved that the fraudulent user is pressed with a criminal charge.
- In the event the primary card is reported loss or suspended, if no new card will be issue for replacement, the associated supplementary card cannot be used anymore and shall be returned to the Bank. If the card is still in use, the primary and supplementary cardholders are still liable for all payments and expenses arising from using the card. If the lost card is a supplementary card, only the supplementary card needs to be reported as lost, while the primary card remains valid and effective.
- In case your credit card is lost, stolen or other circumstance that causes you to lose possession, please proceed with the following procedures:
- Interest of revolving credit and penalty for late payment
The bank shall refer to your records with the Joint Credit Information Center (JCIC), the Bank's own cost of funds and changes in operating costs to assess your credit profile on a quarterly basis, and adjust the interest rate of the revolving credit with the Bank's credit scoring system. Whenever there is change of the interest rate of revolving credit and that applies to you, the Bank will notify you with credit card statements, written, electronic documents or other means agreed with respect to the applicable interest rate of revolving credit and applicable period. In the event the interest rate of revolving credit increases, you will be notified 60 days in advance.
If you only pay the minimum amount and not the full amount before the current payment deadline, the Bank shall calculate interest from the date the Bank actually disburses payment on your behalf to the authorized store with the applicable APR (maximum 15%) of the revolving credit, and the calculation will start from the value date on the daily basis and on the unpaid balance. The formula for calculation is described as per below: The accumulated unpaid amount x number of days x APR (15%) / 365 = interest rate of revolving credit (Note: the actual disbursement day is the date reported on the statement.) An example of the interest calculation is per below:
- Assume: the cycle is from June 3rd.to July 3rd.
- The account close day is June 3rd.
- The payment deadline is June 19th.
- The cardholder made purchase and paid NT$7,000 with the card on May 20th. The disbursement day was on May 22nd. In addition, this cardholder made another purchase of NT$3,000 on June 1st and the disbursement day was on June 2nd with NT1,000 recorded as principal.
- The cardholder paid NT$5,000 on June 19th. Thus, the accumulated unpaid amount until July 3rd is NT$6,000.
- Formula for calculation:
- Each payable will be offset in the order as prescribed by Article 14-5 of the Credit Card Agreement. (If the payables are of the same order, they shall be offset proportionally.)
- The value date is May 22nd. No interest is accrued for June statement, as it will be included for calculation and billing in the statement of July.
- The revolving credit interest of the July statement is: the accumulated unpaid balance x number of days x APR = revolving credit interest
- The agreed current principal payment from an installment service taking effect after July 1, 2011 (including installment payment of principal from general credit card purchases and cash advances, as well as other payments agreed by the cardholder and the Bank to settle the installment), the payment for fixed-amount and fixed-period fund subscription, and payment to offshore investment platforms that are not yet approved by Taiwan’s competent authority (including but not limited to eToro).
- 10% of the new addition amount in current period from general purchases, which is known previously as “payable from general purchases” and does not include cash advance, existing simple correspondence loans, balance paid on behalf by the cardholder, as well as product of special project such as cash advance applied before July 1, 2011.
- All payables after the deduction of the “payables from general purchases” referred in the preceding paragraph (for example: cash advance, existing simple correspondence loans by the Bank, balance paid on behalf of the cardholder, as well as product of special project such as cash advance applied before July 1, 2011).
- Sum of the amount of all credit card transactions in excess of credit limit and the unpaid minimum balance accumulated from previous statements.
- Interest, interest from late payment, penalty and annual fees, as well as service charges for cash advance, reporting loss and card replacement, foreign transactions, access of the signing slips as well as other payables.
- Other items included in the calculation of minimum payable amount as agreed by the cardholder and the Bank.For amount specified in Article 2 and 3, if it is less than NT$ 1,000 or equivalent foreign currency it shall be deemed as NT$ 1,000. However, if the cardholder has two (or more) credit cards issued by the Bank, the amount shall be calculated separately (if the amount is less than NT $ 1,000 or equivalent foreign currency for each card it will be deemed as NT $ 1,000 per card respectively).
- As presume in the previous example, the cardholder paid only NT$5,000 on June 19th (less than the NT$2,000 minimum payable amount). The unpaid balance NT$10,500 will be a late payment.
- The formula for calculation:
- Each payable shall be offset in the order as prescribed by Article 14 -5 of the Credit Card Agreement. (If the payables are of the same order they shall be offset proportionally.)
- No interest is accrued for June statement, as they will be included for calculation and billed in the statement of July.
- Interests of revolving credit: The value date is May 22nd. The revolving credit interest of the July statement is: the accumulated unpaid balance x number of days x APR = revolving credit interest
Total = NT$164
- The value date of the late payment interest is June 19th. The late payment interest listed on the July statement is the accumulated unpaid balance of consumption x number of days x APR = late payment interest
Total = NT$3
- Current late payment penalty is NT$300.
- Assume: the cycle is from June 3rd.to July 3rd.
- Notice of Student Cardholder
- It is recommended that you read the terms of the Credit Card Agreement before you use the credit card issued by the Bank in order to understand the rights and obligations of both parties.
- It is recommended that you consider your ability to repay your debt before using the “revolving credit” to avoid excessive credit expansion, leading to excessive debt or a bad credit record, causing an economic burden: cash advance is a temporary emergency service and you shall pay for the service fees and interest, please use with caution.
- Please pay attention to the use and safeguard of the card. Once it is lost, please report it immediately.
- We would suggest that you consult your legal representative before using the credit card.
- The Bank will notify the parent or guardian of the student cardholder that he will be issued a credit card, and may upon request by the parent or guardian of the student cardholder to suspend temporarily, without prior notice or summon, the student’s right to use credit card. The Bank will also provide detail of the consumption directly to the parent or guardian upon request without obtaining consent from the student cardholder. The Bank will resume the student cardholders' right to use the card and after receiving the student cardholder’s submission of the “confirmation to resume the student credit card”. For students who are legal adults, they will need to agree that their parents may exercise the right as mentioned above.
- Operations outsourced
Regarding the collection and payment, computer processing or other matters relating to credit card (such as data input, processing and output of the IT system and development, monitoring and maintenance, as well as marketing, customer data input, printouts of statements and forms, packaging, mailing, archiving of the statements, forms and vouchers, as well as the making of card, delivery of collection letter and legal procedures, etc., (including personal information collected and processed for specific purposes), and if necessary, obtaining approval from the competent authority, as well as outsource a third party or co-work with other members of the credit card organization.
- Instruction and notice regarding applying for credit card installment function
- Products of the credit card installment refer in this application include installment products for credit card statement, single purchase (such as installment products “刷卡樂分期”, tax payment, tuition, insurance premium), as well as cash advance (such as 錢易通)( hereinafter referred as the installment products). However, the installment amount shall not exceed the perpetual credit limit of the cardholder.
- The amount payable for installment products are calculated with the principal amortization method, i.e., the amount applied as principal, will be amortized for periods applied for and paid on a monthly basis. Interests incurred in the installment will be calculated using unpaid balance of the principal with agreed APR. The first interest payment will be calculated with full principal amount of that period. The interest and principal paid for the installment are included as the minimum payable amount required to be paid by the current statement. If the minimum payable amount is not paid up, in addition to the late payment penalty as agreed by the Credit Card Agreement, the applicant will also be charged with late payment interest calculated with applicable interest rate of the revolving credit.
- Description of the interest rate on the installment Products: 1. billing amount / single purchase installment products of 3-24 periods, APR is 6%~14.4%(adjustable per cardholder’s credit rating), APR of total expenses is the interest rate of the installment; 2. cash advance installments products: periods applicable for the installment are 3 ~ 30 periods with APR of 7.2%~14.4%(adjustable per cardholder’s credit rating). The account management fee isNT$888. For a loan of NT$100,000 with a one-year period (i.e. 12 periods), APR of total expenses is 8.88%~16.12%
- For the special zero-interest installment plan, to qualify to apply and the applicable periods, please refer to measures announced in the official website of the Bank.
- In the event the future applicable interest rate for the installment product slower than those of the installment products mentioned above, the applicant agrees that the Bank shall not be liable to make additional notice and may apply the preferential rate immediately.
- For installment products that allow the applicant to repay principal ahead of time, the applicant may repay ahead of time without incurring any penalty. However the applicant will not be refunded with the account management fee and interest paid.
- If any of the events set forth in Article 22 or 23 of the Credit Card Agreement occurs to the applicant, the Bank may, based on the agreed terms, include the unbilled amount in the next statement. The applicant shall repay immediately.
- This application is valid for one year from the date the Bank records the receipt of the application. Upon expiration of the application if the Bank agrees to renew it after review the application but does not receive termination request from the applicant, the Bank will automatically renew the application for another year, the same will apply for the following year.
- After successfully application for the installment product, the applicant may call to cancel within seven days the interim period without incurring any charge.
- The Bank reserves the right to determine ultimately whether to approve the requested installment products, the periods, and the interest rates. For matters not mentioned in the Agreement, please refer to the Credit Card Agreement of the Bank or visit the official website of the Bank for reference.
- Other Matters
For any matter mentioned in the preceding article, the Credit Card Agreement of the Bank shall apply.
For other primary cards, the annual fee for the first year shall be waived. No annual fee is required for supplementary cards. (Not applicable to World Cards, Asia Miles Co-branded Cards and Eva Air Co-branded cards)
Classification of the Cards Annual Fee Standards Threshold for Waiver of Annual Fee for the Second Year World Card NT$20,000 If the total annual spending (including the the primary and supplementary card) has reached NT$800,000, the annual fee shall be waived for the subsequent year. If the total annual spending (including primary and supplementary card) has reached NT$400,000, a 50% discount shall be granted to the annual fee of the subsequent year. (The spending for the primary and supplementary card shall be calculated on a combined basis. The spending amount shall include tax and premium) CUBE Card NT$1,800 If the total annual spending (including the primary and supplementary card) has reached NT$180,000, the number of spending has reached 12 times or the cardholder has opted for e-statement, the annual fee may be waived for the subsequent year. Co-branded Shopee Credit Card (Titanium) NT$1,800 Meet one of the thresholds to have your annual fee waived for the following year：
- Total annual spending reaching NT$30,000 or NT$60,000.
- Opting for e-statement and paying for a purchase with the co-branded credit card.
Cash Reward Signature Card NT$1,800 The number of spendings or the total amount of spending (including primary and supplementary cards) has, respectively, reached 12 times or NT$60,000. Business Card NT$1,800 The number of annual spending reaching 2 times (inclusive) Asia Miles Co-branded World Card NT$8,000 Nil Asia Miles Co-branded Titanium Card NT$1,800 Nil Asia Miles Co-branded Platinum Card NT$588 Nil Asia Miles Co-branded Journey Card
NT$288 (Annual fee for the first year is waived) Nil Eva Air Co-branded Supreme Infinite Card NT$20,000 Nil Eva Air Co-branded Supreme Infinite Card NT$2,400 Nil Eva Air Co-branded Supreme Signature Card NT$800 Nil Eva Air Co-branded Signature Card NT$300 (Annual fee for the first year is waived) Nil Titanium Business Card NT$1,800 The total spending (including primary and supplementary cards) has reached NT$180,000, calculated on a combined basis. Formosa Plastics Co-branded Titanium Card/Precious Card NT$1,800 The total spending amount (including primary and supplementary cards) has reached NT$120,000, calculated on a combined basis. Platinum Card NT$1,800 At least two times of spending for each credit card. Formosa Plastics Co-branded Platinum Card NT$1,800 At least one spending per card.
Type of Fee Fee Loss-Reporting Fee NT$200 per card. Cash Advance Fee Amount advanced (per transaction) × 3% + NT$150 or US$5 Handling fee for retrieving the transaction slips NT$100 for each (waived for Platinum cards or above.) Handling fee for re-issuance of statements NT$100 for each re-issuance (not required for statements of the latest two periods) Handling fee for overseas transactions 1.5% (including the charge payable to the international credit card organizations). For details, please check the explanation on authorization/foreign exchange charges for overseas transactions provided in this application form. Emergency Card No charge, except for Classic Cards. The fee charge for classic cards are as follows: VISA NT$4,500 JCB NT$2,000 *MasterCard no longer supports the emergency replacement card service. Default Charge Current period NT$300 The second consecutive period NT$400 The third consecutive period NT$500 Revolving Interest Rate 6.75%~15% p.a.
- 其他經持卡人與本行約定應計入最低應繳金額之應付款項。 前項第2款及第3款之金額合計如低於NT$1,000或等值約定結付外幣，以NT$1,000計。但持卡人同時持有本行二張（含）以上之信用卡時，係依各卡別之交易金額分別計算（各卡別如低於NT$1,000或等值約定結付外幣，各以NT$1,000計）。
- 分期產品利率說明：1.帳單金額/單筆消費分期產品：分期期數3~24期，年利率6%~14.4%(依個人信用評等調整)，總費用年百分率即為分期利率；2.預借現金分期產品：分期期數3~30期，年利率7.2%~14.4%(依個人信用評等調整)，帳戶管理費用為新台幣888元，以貸款金額新台幣10萬元，貸款期間1年(即12期)計算，總費用年百分率8.88%~16.12%。 ※1：特殊零利率分期活動其申辦條件及適用期間係依本行官網所公告之活動辦法為準。※2：上述分期產品如日後本行提供適用之分期利率低於上述揭露之分期利率，則申請人同意本行不須另行通知即可適用該優惠利率。
卡片等級 年費標準 次年度免年費門檻 世界卡 NT$2萬 正附卡年度消費滿NT$80萬(含)以上，可享次年免年費；正附卡年度消費達NT$40萬(含)以上，可享次年年費5折優惠。(正附卡消費合併計算，消費金額含稅款及保費) CUBE卡 NT$1,800 申辦電子帳單、或正、附卡年消費滿NT$18萬、或正卡年消費滿12次，即免年費 蝦皮購物聯名鈦金卡 NT$1,800 符合以下任一條件，即享次年免年費：
現金回饋御璽卡 NT$1,800 正附卡累計年消費達 6萬元 (含)或12次(含)以上 商務卡 NT$1,800 年度刷卡2次(含)以上 亞洲萬里通聯名世界卡 NT$8,000 無 亞洲萬里通聯名鈦商卡 NT$1,800 無 亞洲萬里通聯名白金卡 NT$588 無 亞洲萬里通聯名里享卡
無 長榮航空聯名極致無限卡 NT$20,000 無 長榮航空聯名無限卡 NT$2,400 無 長榮航空聯名極致御璽 NT$800 無 長榮航空聯名御璽卡 NT$300
無 鈦金商務卡 NT$1,800 正附卡併計消費滿NT$18萬 台塑聯名鈦商卡/晶緻卡 NT$1,800 正附卡併計消費滿NT$12萬 白金卡 NT$1,800 每卡消費滿2次 台塑聯名白金卡 NT$1,800 每卡消費滿1次
項目 費用 掛失手續費 每卡NT$200。 預借現金手續費 每筆預借金額×3%+NT$150或US$5 調閱簽帳單手續費 每張NT$100(白金卡以上等級免收) 補發帳單手續費 每次NT$100(補發近2期帳單免費) 國外交易手續費 1.5%(含各信用卡國際組織應收取之費用)，詳如本申請書表列國外交易授權結匯收費說明。 緊急替代卡 普卡收費如下，其餘免費。 VISA NT$4,500 JCB NT$2,000 *MasterCard已不再支援本服務。 違約金 當期 NT$300 連續第二期 NT$400 連續第三期 NT$500 循環信用利息 年利率6.75%~15%